2002 AUDI A4 1.8T QUATTRO HEATER CORE REPLACEMENT

• rstev39147
  • 2002 Audi A4

I have a 2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro with about 64,500 miles on it. When I bought it from the dealership, the heat came out cold. They said they flushed it and had to replace a plastic ring that had cracked and was letting air into the hose. I only used the heat for a few weeks because winter was about over. Now, 9 months later, it's coming out cold again and the dealership says it needs a new heater core. What can I do to test that it's definitely the heater core? If I need a new one, how do I replace it? Thanks.

Rob

Thursday, October 25th, 2007 AT 10:20 PM

• fisherman

Hello Rob (I m really sorry for the delay on the answer)

If you want to replace the heater core yoursel let me know and I can explain you the way you can do it (on this especific car its really Easy.)

my advice: before you get ready to replace the heater core take your car to a radiator shop and ask them to " flush" the heater core (by unplugin the inlet and outlet hoses from the core) I m telling you " before are you ready" because the heater core could be " weak" and could after the flush have a leak.

That its a risk (flip a coin) could get fix could get a leak.

Let me know if you want a do it and I guide you no problem!

Good Luck !

Wednesday, November 14th, 2007 AT 7:44 PM