87 TOWN CAR HEAT ISSUE

1987 All Other Makes All Other Models

motorider24

January, 12, 2007 AT 7:23 AM

I just acquired an 87 town car that has been sitting for six years. I got everything running fine except the heat. I replaced the heater control valve, the thermostat, and flushed the system. The line going in and out of the heater core are both hot but I am still not getting any heat. I get a few seconds of heat when I go up a hill and get on the engine hard. Also the auto climate control shuts off when I change the temp. To hot. The final issue is that the location where the is blowing sometimes automatically changes to the defroster. Does anybody have any ideas.

Service Writer

January, 12, 2007 AT 8:02 AM

I would be suspicious of The thermal limiter switch. An overheat can kill the switch. Unless you know the past history. I sent a diagram that may help.

motorider24

The Schematic really helped Thanks. The problem was the automatic climate control sensor.

Climate Control Panel Removal Guide
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement