QUESTIONS FOR ALL CARS ANTI FREEZE

2007 All Other Makes All Other Models

Sasha Costello

January, 29, 2010 AT 9:39 AM

Heater problem
2007 Questions for all other cars

Hi, our car radiator leaked in our Vauxhall Astra. Its been fixed now but anti-freeze leaked into the driver's floor space and passenger seat floor and then, because we live on a hill, it all run into the floor at the back of the car.

Its almost dry now but still worried about having our twin baby daughters in that car. Still smells sweet from the anti-freeze and carpet still damp to the touch. I know this is very dangerous - my sister in law is a doctor and has dealt with anti-freeze poisoining in babies and small children.

My question is: once the carpet has dried out does it still pose any danger from the fumes? If it gets wet again can you 'reactivate' the anti-freeze!

There is only so much sponging one can do.

Why isn't Etheylene Glycol Antifreeze banned and only the more ethical less toxic Propylene Glocol more readily available for sale?

mhpautos

Have the carpets steam cleaned this should eliminate most of the problem, or do as I did and have the carpet replaced, a small price to pay for the health of young children, that is how I saw it anyway.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front