PROBE GT TURBO CLUTCH!!!!!

1989 All Other Makes All Other Models

spitfiremike

Yes I have a 89 probe gt turbo and just recently I was driving it and I noticed it was starting to slip.I could press the gass down and the rpms would go up but wouldnt take off like it should.I smelt what I thought was the clutch burning because it was almost like a burn out smell. Idk what it is but now if I put it into 1st or any gear I can press the gass and it wont go nowhere? I can even let the clutch out in 1st and it wont die like it should it stays idled? Is this the clutch or what I could use some help on how to fix and what to buy?

Service Writer

Mike, thanks for donating, you get priority because of it.

Its sounds like it's clutch time.

You need need a new clutch kit, that should have the new disc, pressure plate throw out bearing and pilot bearing.

spitfiremike

Well. Im on kinda a budget I had a feeling I was right. Thanks for such a quick reply. Ya I dont want to buy a compleate clutch kit so what do I need, the plate? Idk that I need a whole kit? Its only 50 for the plate but 250 for kit?

Service Writer

I can appreciate the budget side. You may spend a lot of time replacing this, is it worth doing twice? And maybe have to replace the new part if it gets damaged?

What size motor? 2.2?

spitfiremike

Its a 2.2l turbo fwd, well I think its just worn?Lol well if it comes to that ill get a new kit.

Service Writer

I mean 118