Air Condition

MAXIMA9999
  • 1999 NISSAN MAXIMA
Air conditioner problem: it blows cold air only at high speeds on high ways but when idle like in a traffic it blows only ordinary air.
Wednesday, May 25th, 2016 AT 8:00 AM

Ordinary air? Lol. Check to see if your fans are operating when air conditioner is on they should. If not check relays and fuse under hood. Also make sure condenser is not clogged up with leaves and debris. It sounds more like a fan problem on condenser though not kicking in.
Wednesday, May 25th, 2016 AT 9:28 AM
MAXIMA9999
Yeah lol ordinary air, I mean its just like a fan with no cold air condition, also noted that it is working really good when at night when temperature is low, Fans are running excellent I did a full check for all the relays and fuses all are in function and working.

Condenser is not clogged and I did a air blow cleaning all the dust that was on it, but it is still the same !
Saturday, May 28th, 2016 AT 8:23 AM
MAXIMA9999
And just for your information, the AC gauge readings are both normal for high and low pressure.
Saturday, May 28th, 2016 AT 8:41 AM
Check cooling fan for working it should come on as soon as a/c is turned on check relay and fuses underhood and grounds one is marked and another may be behind rh headlight.
Saturday, May 28th, 2016 AT 9:16 AM
MAXIMA9999
Yes, they work excellent and yes they work as soon as I turn the AC on, all relays are working
Saturday, May 28th, 2016 AT 9:32 AM
MAXIMA9999
And another thing is that it will also blow cold air whenever the temperature outside it low
Saturday, May 28th, 2016 AT 9:49 AM
If it works good at speed then either there is not enough Freon in system if all things are working or maybe your terminal ends on battery and hvac temp actuator blend door is closing due to not enough power. You say the pressures are normal but if they are normal it should cool so things may not truthful. Is the belts tight and not worn out as recommended replacement of tensioner and belt is 60,000 mi. The whole story isn't be told here.
Saturday, May 28th, 2016 AT 10:21 AM
MAXIMA9999
Well then I guess I need to replace the belts.
And the other thing is, what about the condenser, do you think it can be clogged and can cause this?
Saturday, May 28th, 2016 AT 12:11 PM
Not the condenser but if desecant bag broke it could clog the orfice and screen what are the pressures at what temp and at about 1500 rpm. If this is auto temp control where yo set the temp then it may be a problem with that unit.
Saturday, May 28th, 2016 AT 12:16 PM
MAXIMA9999
Pressure is:

Low 60 PSI, High 160 PSI
Outside Temp: 40 C
Humidity: 70%

It is a Manual Temp control.
Saturday, May 28th, 2016 AT 12:23 PM
Your compressor may be on the way out see temp/pressure chart low side is ok but high side is to low should be higher. See pressure charts you might try letting a little Freon out as it may have to much in system.
+1
Saturday, May 28th, 2016 AT 2:50 PM