Air bag light is on

BOSTONGIRL39
  • 2010 FORD ESCAPE
My airbag light is on and I am looking to see how much it will cost to replace part. I was told I would have to replace OCS module and bladder.
Did Ford company ever have a recall on the airbag light?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Mildred Butler
Thursday, January 19th, 2017 AT 10:01 AM

I do not know what either of those parts are, and it is not likely two parts failed at the same time. Do you have the exact diagnostic fault code number? If you supply that, I can look up its meaning.
Thursday, January 19th, 2017 AT 1:29 PM
BOSTONGIRL39
This is what was given to me - 85 Accessories - 1092 CPT - They verified concern test RCM. B2909 OCS hard fault code pin point test. Test wiring from OCS to RCM OKI performed system reset could not reset. Need too replace OCS Module and Bladder. This is the information that was given to me at a cost of $2574.18 including labor which I already paid labor just to have them look at it. I hope this help yopu, as this is all I have.

Thank you
Thursday, January 19th, 2017 AT 10:05 PM
B2909 refers to the Passenger belt tension sensor, specifically a wire to it could be open or grounded. In 99 percent of cases, the circuit has a problem that must be diagnosed. The computer has to be working to detect the problem, so there is no need to replace it. In a very rare one percent of the time, a defect inside the computer can cause it to falsely set a fault code. The computer is only suspect when testing shows there is no defect in the circuit.

I still don't know what is meant by "bladder". If that refers to one of the air bags, those are only replaced if one has been set off in a crash.
Friday, January 20th, 2017 AT 7:41 PM