Welcome to 2CarPros.
I suspect the sensor and synchronizer may not have been timed correctly. I am going to provide the directions for the synchronizer install. Check through them to see if you did it correctly.
2002 Ford Truck F 150 2WD Pickup V6-4.2L VIN 2
Vehicle Powertrain Management Sensors and Switches - Powertrain Management Sensors and Switches - Computers and Control Systems Camshaft Position Sensor Service and Repair Procedures Camshaft Synchronizer
NOTE: Ford does not provide a TDC (Top Dead Center) mark or determination procedure for this engine in this vehicle.
ALLDATA users have reported success using aftermarket tools to determine TDC on this engine.
Alignment Gauge, Synchronizer
1. Rotate the crankshaft until the No.1 cylinder is at Top Dead Center (TDC) of the compression stroke.
CAUTION: Do not turn the crankshaft or camshaft during the removal and installation procedure or the fuel system timing will be out of time with the engine and possibly cause engine damage.
2. Remove the camshaft position (CMP) sensor.
3. Remove the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve vacuum hose.
4. Remove the EGR valve tube upper fitting.
5. Remove the EGR valve and the adapter.
1 Remove the nut and the bolts.
2 Remove the EGR valve and the adapter assembly.
6. Remove the camshaft synchronizer bolt.
7. Remove the camshaft synchronizer.
NOTE: The oil pump driveshaft might come out with the camshaft synchronizer. If so, retrieve the oil pump driveshaft before proceeding.
1. Install the Synchro Positioning Tool on the camshaft synchronizer by rotating the tool until it engages the notch in the camshaft synchronizer housing.
CAUTION: A Synchro Positioning Tool must be used during the installation of the replacement synchronizer assembly. Failure to follow this procedure will result in the fuel system being out of time with the engine, possibly causing engine damage.
2. Install the camshaft synchronizer housing assembly so the arrow on the Synchro Positioning Tool is 54 degrees from the centerline of the engine.
NOTE: During installation, the arrow on the synchronizer alignment tool will rotate clockwise as the gears engage.
3. Install the camshaft synchronizer bolt.
4. Install the EGR valve and adapter assembly.
1 Position the EGR adapter gasket.
2 Position the EGR.
3 Install the bolts.
NOTE: Reuse the EGR valve adapter gasket.
5. Install the EGR valve tube upper fitting.
6. Install the EGR valve vacuum hose.
7. Install the camshaft position (CMP) sensor.
Let me know.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Sunday, September 22nd, 2019 AT 5:41 PM