DIFFERENT 'WILL NOT START' PROBLEM, THAN THE REST OF POSTS

Acura Integra

ridethroughlife

August, 2, 2007 AT 9:43 PM

My problem is different from the rest of the 'car will not start' problems. I just purchased this 94 integra 1.8 LS and did a tune up on it- [plugs, wires, cap and touched up the rotor by smoothing out the fiber with a file] I intended to replace the rotor with a new one, but the access bolt was too tight and I couldnt get it to budge, instead of breaking it, I just smoothed the old rotor out. I got a quarter mile down the road when the revs dropped to 1500 and the gas was non-responsive and then it proceeded to die. After we got it back, we inspected it for gas in the cylinders, there was. We made sure the rotor was spinning and it was. The car cranks hard, but it just wont catch. Ive read the rest of the posts and have norrowed it down to a big list. It seems like the ICM, the coil or the distributor itself, as well as maybe being a sensor. Im smart enough not to go out and buy everything to make it work, Id like an opinion first. I did find out through my research that I had put two of the wires in the wrong spot on the D cap, but Ive since corrected it, but it still wont start. PLEASE let me know, Im dying to get my new car working again.

Service Writer

August, 2, 2007 AT 9:50 PM

Is there spark getting to the plugs?

ridethroughlife

August, 2, 2007 AT 9:53 PM

We really dont know. Im guessing that there isnt though, because there is gas in the cylinders, and it wouldnt ignite if it were getting spark. Ill have to check it tomorrow, any suggestions about how to do it by myself?

Service Writer

August, 3, 2007 AT 3:45 AM

Using a spark tester would be the best way, but what I would try first is putting the old cap back on. I always replace dist cap and rotors in pairs, with the same brand. A slight manufacturing descreptancy causes problems like this. IF she runs, then you'll have to face that dreaded screw.

ridethroughlife

August, 3, 2007 AT 7:54 AM

Ok we tested for spark, and there was none, and because of that, it didnt start with the old cap back on. My grandpa stripped out the screw, I shouldnt have let him do it, but its ruined now, I dont know what I can do about it now. Id really hate to get a new distributor.

Cleavage4U

August, 3, 2007 AT 8:49 AM

Try to drill it out. If not call the junkyard for a used one or get a reman one.

ridethroughlife

August, 6, 2007 AT 1:55 AM

Would it be a feasible option to take the distributor off and try to get the rotor off and get the icm and ignition coil checked out. I know autozone checks the icm, but where can I get the coil tested? Or is there a simple test I can do?

Service Writer

August, 6, 2007 AT 5:28 AM

I " think" you can check the ohm reading against a new one, but maybe someone can elaborate better.

Bruce Hunt

August, 6, 2007 AT 10:44 AM

If there is voltage at the coil of 12 volts in and nothing out replace it.

ridethroughlife

August, 9, 2007 AT 11:33 PM

Oh thanks you guys, your information really helped me out. My car is running fine now and weve since gone on a hefty road trip in it, no problems at all. I really appreciate all the help.

Service Writer

August, 12, 2007 AT 7:37 PM

HEY! What was the soulution. The coil? (Thank-you Bruce!)

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test