96 Integra LS/automatic STARTER HELP

MARC07
  • 1996 ACURA INTEGRA
I am trying to replace my starter. I have never attempted this and am frustrated. I can not raise my car very high, so I'm having a difficult time figuring out what's under the starter. It appears as though I have two long screws/bolts that must be removed. Other than moving air/radiator hoses for easy access to the starter is there anything else I need to do?
Monday, November 26th, 2007 AT 12:49 PM

BRUCE HUNT
Disconnect the battery terminals and disconnect the connections from the starter. The rest should be rather straight forward.
Monday, November 26th, 2007 AT 4:56 PM
MARC07
Lets see if I do this righr. I did disconnect the battery terminals, yet due to my ignorance I disconnected the solenoid, then the remainder of the stater. Ha, ha, ha. I took the solenoid 25 miles away to a rebuild store just to find out that I didn't disconnec the starter.
Job is finally done, now my darn engine light has come on and won't turn off. So, I saved on the labor, paid 75.00 for the rebuilt starter and will undoubtedly have to pay for diagnostics to find out what the heck I did wrong. Thank you for your input, advice.
Monday, November 26th, 2007 AT 9:22 PM