CAR WONT START

1996 Acura Integra

Kurb

November, 9, 2010 AT 10:06 AM

1996 Acura Integra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 180000 miles

This is an intermittent problem. The car won't start although I hear a click when I try to start. The battery is fine - boost charge does not help. I have to push start to get it going. It's working fine now, but I never know when it won't start again

November, 9, 2010 AT 12:24 PM

Hi Kurb, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Probable causes here could be the starter motor, clutch switch, starter motor cut relay and ignition switch-double check battery condition and connections

Kurb

November, 10, 2010 AT 2:17 PM

I hear a soft click inside the car and a louder click outside the car. This tells me that the that the ignition switch, the clutch switch are fine and that the solenoid is getting power. The battery was checked and that's fine. That leaves the starter. The starter does not turn at all. You mention the starter motor cut out. What is this? If I have the starter motor replaced do you think this should do it?

November, 10, 2010 AT 2:24 PM

Check and test the starter motor cut relay located above left kick panel-Do this try to engage the starter motor without the key at the starter motor solenoid and see if it engages the engine

Kurb

November, 10, 2010 AT 2:43 PM

Thank you.I am not car savvy so I was not too clear on your instructions. Did you mean Test the starter motor by connecting power from battery directly to starter motor, and so bypass the solenoid? Not sure what the kick panel is and what the cut off relay does or look like.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe