Cranks but no start

TYPERRACER96
  • 1996 ACURA INTEGRA

So far number twelve and twenty four fuses have blown. I tried checking for spark also and cannot seem to figure out why when I replaced fuses they blow out again. I checked main relay as well, seems fine, no cracks in the solder. Distributor cap and rotor were replaced, but no spark seems to come from the coil either. I do not know where to start now.

Wednesday, September 25th, 2013 AT 8:19 PM

Check fuse forty two under hood as well as PGM relay under dash. Scan for codes if no codes, check crank and cam sensors for resistance. We have no figures on those so check against new.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Thursday, September 26th, 2013 AT 7:27 AM
KURB
  • 1996 ACURA INTEGRA
  • MERGED

Four cylinder two wheel drive manual 180,000 miles

This is an intermittent problem. The car will not start although I hear a click when I try to start. The battery is fine, boost charge does not help. I have to push start to get it going. It is working fine now, but I never know when it will not start again.

Thursday, January 26th, 2017 AT 6:51 PM
  • MERGED

Hi Kurb, Welcome to 2carpros and thank you for the donation.

Probable causes here could be the starter motor, clutch switch, starter motor cut relay and ignition switch. Double check battery condition and connections.

Thursday, January 26th, 2017 AT 6:51 PM
KURB
  • MERGED

I hear a soft click inside the car and a louder click outside the car. This tells me that the that the ignition switch, the clutch switch are fine and that the solenoid is getting power. The battery was checked and that is fine. That leaves the starter. The starter does not turn at all. You mention the starter motor cut out. What is this? If I have the starter motor replaced do you think this should do it?

Thursday, January 26th, 2017 AT 6:51 PM
  • MERGED

Check and test the starter motor cut relay located above left kick panel. Do this try to engage the starter motor without the key at the starter motor solenoid and see if it engages the engine.

Thursday, January 26th, 2017 AT 6:51 PM
KURB
  • MERGED

Thank you. I am not car savvy so I was not too clear on your instructions. Did you mean test the starter motor by connecting power from battery directly to starter motor, and so bypass the solenoid? Not sure what the kick panel is and what the cut off relay does or looks like.

Thursday, January 26th, 2017 AT 6:51 PM
NLR_RIDER
  • 1996 ACURA INTEGRA
  • MERGED

Four cylinder front wheel drive automatic 169,000 miles

hi, my car starts fine when I start it for the first time in the day, once it warms up and I try to start it again it tries to start, but it does not. The car starts to smell like gas. I do not have very much money to take it to a mechanic so please help.I was thinking that it might be the fuel filter? Oh, and I tried to put some of that fuel cleaner in the gas tank but it did not help at all. If you could get back to me I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you, Wendy

Thursday, January 26th, 2017 AT 6:51 PM
  • MERGED

Check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter and the fuel pump. Could also be losing fuel pressure if the injector/s or the fuel pressure regulator are leaking.

Thursday, January 26th, 2017 AT 6:51 PM
DINO.1324
  • 1996 ACURA INTEGRA
  • MERGED

Four cylinder front wheel drive automatic

the car has no power in run mode. Turns over but when you let go off the key it shuts off. The only thing with power is the radio.

Thursday, January 26th, 2017 AT 6:51 PM
MHPAUTOS
  • MERGED

Hi there,

Do you have dash instruments active? If not start checking for a fuse or fusible link problem, and do a scan to check for any set fault codes, start here.

Thursday, January 26th, 2017 AT 6:51 PM