MAINTENANCE REMINDER LIGHT
1. Turn ignition on. Maintenance Reminder Light (MAINT REQD) should come on for 2 seconds (bulb check). At 5900-6100 mile intervals, light will flash for 10 seconds after bulb check. If maintenance reminder is not reset at 7400-7600 miles, light will stay on steady until ignition is turned off.
2. If light flashes or stays on, vehicle maintenance should be performed and maintenance reminder unit reset. To reset maintenance reminder unit, remove lower left dash cover. Turn ignition on. Press and hold reset button for more than 3 seconds. Install dash cover. If maintenance reminder light does not work as described, go to next step.
3. Turn ignition off. Remove lower left dash cover. Maintenance reminder unit memory will be erased if ignition is in ON position when unit 5-pin connector is disconnected. Disconnect maintenance reminder unit 5-pin connector. Ensure maintenance reminder unit 5-pin connector is tight and not damaged.
4. Check Black wire for continuity to ground. If continuity does not exist, check for open in Black wire or poor ground connection. Check for battery voltage between White/Blue wire and ground. If battery voltage is present, go to next step. If battery voltage is not present, check fuse No. 32 (7.5-amp) or an open in White/Blue wire. Repair as necessary.
5. Turn ignition on. Check for battery voltage between Yellow wire and ground. If battery voltage is present, go to next step. If battery voltage is not present, check fuse No. 15 (10- amp) or open in Yellow wire. Repair as necessary.
6. Using a jumper wire, ground Pink wire. Maintenance reminder light on dash should illuminate. If light illuminates, go to next step. If light does not illuminate, check fuse No. 15 (10-amp), condition of bulb and open in Pink wire. Repair as necessary.
7. Raise and support one front wheel. Check for pulsing voltage at Orange wire while rotating one front wheel. If voltage pulses, circuits are okay. If maintenance reminder light still does not work correctly, replace maintenance reminder unit. If voltage does not pulse, check vehicle speed sensor operation or open in Orange wire. Repair as necessary.
Page 1 of 1 INSTRUMENT PANEL -1995 Acura Integra LS 9/12/2008
The harsh upshifting has nothing to do with the light. You need to check the transmission.
Is the D4 light blinking while driving?
Did you check the ATF level and condition?
Friday, September 12th, 2008 AT 9:07 AM