Will not start

DOCKROCK
  • 1992 ACURA INTEGRA

Four cylinder four wheel drive automatic

Engine cranks, but will not start. Grounded a plug wire while cranking, gets no spark.

Thursday, September 11th, 2008 AT 7:48 PM

Check power to coil, test the coil and ignitor also the TDC/cylinder/crank sensor in the distributor then report back for more assistance. I will be waiting

Thursday, September 11th, 2008 AT 8:10 PM
SAFFAR
  • 1992 ACURA INTEGRA

Four cylinder front wheel drive manual 178,000 miles

Sometimes my car does not want to start.
First thing I check for, was spark. There was no spark, so I check to see if the coil was getting power, which it was. I did not not see a ground pulse so I change the distributor. It still would not start sometimes. What I realize is that when the engine light stays on it will not start. Would like to know if it could be the main relay or is it the PCM?

Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 AT 7:56 PM (Merged)
MHPAUTOS

Hi there,

You will need to do a scan to read the set fault code, this will indicate the cause of the check light, start here.

P
  • 1992 ACURA INTEGRA

Four cylinder two wheel drive manual 150,000 miles

Changed and tune up car but still will not start. Battery is good, but no spark from plugs. What now? Help

Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 AT 7:57 PM (Merged)
BLACKOP555

First thing to do is check the coil(s) packs and see if they are putting off voltage. If not then you may need new ones. Also, you may need a new crank sensor, bad crank sensor, PCU does not know when to spark.

LEARN FOR MYSELF
  • 1992 ACURA INTEGRA

Four cylinder automatic 130,000 miles

My car will fire up sometimes and then other times will not, always turns over. It will not start. Sometimes when it is hot out or after driving and then turning it off and starting it up again after a few minutes. It seems to be getting worse and more frequent. Thanks.

Check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel pump and give me the readings.

LEARN FOR MYSELF
  • 1992 ACURA INTEGRA

1992 Acura Integra 4 cyl Automatic 222000 miles

I was wondering if my 92 integra has a seperate fuel pump relay to my main relay or is it built in the main relay? Also if it's seperate, is it under the steering column as well? Also where is the fuel filter located on this specific car? Thanks!

SENGS

The fuel filter is mounted to the fire wall on passenger center side on top

KENN765
  • 1992 ACURA INTEGRA

Four cylinder two wheel drive automatic 150,000 miles

My daughter was driving down the road when it just shut off and coasted to a stop. She tried to re start it. It turns over, but it does not fire. What should I check?

Get a helper disconnect a spark plug wire or two and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer.

MRSACURA
  • 1992 ACURA INTEGRA

It cranks with no start. I have spark, no fuel, just replaced fuel pump and fuel pump relay tested good. I am lost and need some ideas please.

Check if the injectors are pulsing turning on and off.

MRSACURA

How do I do that with a fluke meter that is all I have right now.

SOLOST
  • 1992 ACURA INTEGRA

My car quit running in the middle of the road and will turn but will not start. Help!

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure.

KHLOW2008

It could be due to a failed timing belt, distributor, fuel pump, overheating etc. so you need to diagnose and find out what is missing.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Check out above link for some idea what to look for.

BDIZZLE65
  • 1992 ACURA INTEGRA

Four cylinder front wheel drive manual 185,000 miles

My car will not start. I am getting a good spark to the plugs and I am getting fuel to the fuel rail. I do not have any check engine lights that come on. It ran great and just would not start up the next day. The timing is on and the belt is good and not missing any teeth. I tried using starting fluid and that did not work. It almost fires but just will not fully do it. What can it be? I am totally stumped. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

KHLOW2008

Hi bdizzle65,

Did you test the fuel pressure?

Are the sparks bright blue or dull orange?

Starting fluid not working indicates a possible fault with the ignition system rather than fuel.

KODA
  • 1992 ACURA INTEGRA

My car has 220,000 km which intermittently will not start. I turn the key and I get the red lights on the dash, no crank, no clicking noise. After turning the key a second or third time it starts right away. Sometimes it starts on the first try. I put in a brand new battery and no difference. The problem may have started after recently putting in a complete brand new distributor as the distributor bearing was shot. All help greatly appreciated.