ENGINE MECHANICAL PROBLEM1990 ACURA INTEGRA 4 ...

1990 Acura Integra

tulsahawk823

October, 9, 2010 AT 11:04 AM

1990 Acura Integra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 264000 miles

1990 Integra LS. For months now it has performed beautifully. No problems whatsoever. Approximately 5 months ago I replaced the Main Fuel Relay. When the temperature inside the car rose above above a certain point the relay would expand seperating and severing any communicaton to the fuel pump to prime the line when I turned the ignition on. It would crank and crank but would not start.
Last evening I decided to replace the blower motor. I proceeded to remove the non-working motor which turned out to be more exciting than I anticipated. Very tight space
with very little clearence for extraction. In the way was a bundle of wires secured to the kickpanel that was about the size of a nickel around. There was no slack to move it even after I unattached it from the panel. My only choice of action was to slice the tape that bound them to spread them out thinner. It worked and even though it was stressful on the wires none were cut or nicked. Motor fnally was out and I was to o mywayto AutoZone or a new one when I discovered that out of the blue all the engine woul do was crank and crank just like it did before the Main Relay was replaced. Are there any wires in that bundle that cocerned the fuel pump? If not what is my next move? This car HAS to be ready to go soon or else. Please HELP
Billy

October, 9, 2010 AT 3:21 PM

Hi tulsahawk823,

Thank you for the donation.

Those wires are related to the ECM. Check if any connector is not securely attached. Ensure any ground connectors are securely tightened.

tulsahawk823

October, 9, 2010 AT 6:08 PM

There is oneof those snap together connectiions wth a green and a brown wire attached to it. I have searched and searched and cannot find where that connection connects.

October, 9, 2010 AT 10:31 PM

If it is a 2 pin Green or Blue connector, that is the SCS ( Service Check ) connector. If you bridge the terminals and turn the ignition ON, the Check Engine Lamp would be on or blinking if there are any trouble codes.

This connector is not plugged into anything.

tulsahawk823

October, 11, 2010 AT 12:25 AM

It is sounding like the car not starting has nothing to do with taking out the blower motor. I took out a spark plug reconnected to the plug wire and set it almost touching a grounded bolt. Cranked engine and saw no spark. Also, the car will no even turn over with ether. Now what?

October, 11, 2010 AT 9:22 AM

While taking out the blower, the ECm wires could have been affected. Recheck the wire connectors. Ensure they are securely plugged in, sometimes they might look good but is not locked securely.

Loose ECM connectors would cause no sparks conditions.

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement