2005 ACURA EL OVER HEATING WHEN DRIVING

• mzeitoun
  • 2005 Acura EL

Engine Cooling problem
2005 Acura EL 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

Hi there,

My car is over heating while I am driving. When I stop my car, temperature goes back to normal but when I drive it over heats.
Basically here is what is going on exactly: I drive to work, turn on my vehicle, drive about 7 minutes with normal temperature and blowing heat inside vehicle, after 7 minutes heat gets cold and temperature starts rising, when I stop the car it goes back normal. It does this for about 5 minutes and then heat starts blowing again and temperature is stable. This cycle repeats. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? I am so frustrated.
I changed thermostat, I checked radiator and jerked it for air bubbles. It has been going on for a while now. What the hell.

Tuesday, December 22nd, 2009 AT 4:31 PM

• F4I_guy

This vehicle is common for headgasket failures. You may want to have a leakdown test performed. First check the basics though (coolant level, thermostat, radiator, cooling fan)

Saturday, April 24th, 2010 AT 12:47 PM