ENGINE STALL

1998 Acura EL

n-eclipse

August, 1, 2011 AT 11:18 PM

1998 Acura el. Manual. Just driving home and in third gear going 50kms/h my engine decides to stall. It fired up right away again. Then driving for a couple mins it decides to die again. Wondering what the problem is. The radio and lights and everything inside were still working perfectly so it couldn't be an electrical issue.
Thanks!

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

August, 1, 2011 AT 11:23 PM

Check and monitor the fuel pressure if its within specs-start here-fuel pump could be failing

n-eclipse

December, 31, 2011 AT 3:37 AM

Okay so I replaced the fuel pump and rotor yet im still having the same problem. Even when im at stops now it just dies but the electrical is perfectly fine.

December, 31, 2011 AT 3:39 AM

Clean the idle air control valve and see what happens

n-eclipse

January, 4, 2012 AT 2:50 AM

Okay I took it to a guy who repairs cars and claims its either the main relay or the air fuel filter. I changed the main relay after doing a bunch of research on it and the car was running fine till today. It died once and less frequently as before. I now notice a constant clicking noise coming from around the fuse box area under the steering wheel. Any thought on this guys?

n-eclipse

January, 4, 2012 AT 7:08 AM

Nvm the clicking noise is solved but the cars still dying and I searched up other cases on google and people are saying the ignition switch?

Check and test the main relay and ignition switch

n-eclipse

Thanks for your replies rasmataz but I think I figured out the problem. Found other forums about the exact same issue and they have recalls on my car and other honda/acura cars around the same year and model that all have recalls on the ignition switch wires which causes the engine to suddenly die. Im getting a free replacement and service and so the ignition switch wires are the problem. Hope it helps anyone else