INSTALLING FRONT AXLES

1997 Acura CL

Johnsanchez

September, 19, 2010 AT 8:17 PM

1997 Acura CL 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 147000 miles

I installed the front axles one at a time. I made sure the rings at the end of the axles came out and installed the new ones. I pushed in so it would make the snap in place noise. I drove around and it seemed fine, until It warms up and it feels like the transmission is slipping. The rpms go up high, the reverse also.

September, 20, 2010 AT 2:02 PM

Hi Johnsanchez,

This should not be related to the axles if it is slipping.

Did you check the transmission fluid level?

Johnsanchez

September, 20, 2010 AT 10:46 PM

I appreciate the quick respond, I found out it was the over drive that was slipping. I'm going to get the transmission filter and fluid changed. Also mentioned it could be in the module (computer) of the car. Possibly reseting it can help.

September, 21, 2010 AT 8:42 AM

Get a free scan done at Autozone to see if any trouble codes are stored in the PCM.

If 4th speed is slipping, reverse should be affected as they share the same clutch and usual causes are bad clutch 'O' rings, unless the fluid level is low. Trans would have to be rebuilt.

The filter is maintenance free and replacement means to disassemble the trans assy.

Axle Seal Replacement
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Differential Fluid Change Ford F250
Differential Fluid Service - Front
Differential Fluid Level Check
Differential Fluid Drain/Refill