A/C compressor not working

TAMMYE BRANTLEY
  • 2007 CHEVROLET EQUINOX
Put newer motor in. A/C not working. Tried putting Freon in. Would not take it. Put newer compressor on. Took 1 can of Freon but not second. Compressor won't kick 3. Fuses are good.
Friday, May 22nd, 2020 AT 4:59 PM

KASEKENNY1
When you did the new compressor did you pull the system into a vacuum and let it sit for an hour? This does two things, first pulls all Freon and oil out of the system. Second ensures there are no leaks.

If you have not done this then we are going to need to start fresh. Either way, let's start with getting pressures on the high side and low side.

Here is a guide that will help with this:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/re-charge-an-air-conditioner-system

Let me know the pressures and if you pulled it into a vacuum. Also, did you add oil to the system when you replaced the compressor?
Friday, May 22nd, 2020 AT 6:54 PM
TAMMYE BRANTLEY
Yes, Freon and oil was pulled out. Also put new refrigerant compression valve on. It took 1 can Freon, but no more. Started to cool then quit.
Monday, May 25th, 2020 AT 5:53 AM
KASEKENNY1
Okay. We need to get pressures from the high and low side. If you don't have a gauge set (not many of us do) you can rent them from a parts store that has a tool rental program. Then just hook them up and get me static pressures for each side (engine off) and then start the engine and turn the A/C on and tell me the pressures.

We can apply the chart attached to those pressures and determine what the issue may be. Also, when the A/C is on, notice if the compressor is cycling on and off.
Monday, May 25th, 2020 AT 5:54 PM

Sponsored links