95 Blazer LT won't crank

GRAHAMWISE
  • 1995 CHEVROLET BLAZER
My 95 Blazer will not crank over but all the dash lights come on and the fuel pump powers up.

I was driving in town, and the engine cut out a few times, then while coming back down the hill it just died while doing about 45mph

At first I thought starter, but that wouldn't make it die while driving.

Ideas?
Sunday, February 28th, 2016 AT 3:34 PM

Try another key if you have one. If you get another it will need programming prior to starting also check battery for condition including load test.
-2
Sunday, February 28th, 2016 AT 3:46 PM
GRAHAMWISE
I don't think its my battery, because it won't jump start either
Sunday, February 28th, 2016 AT 3:59 PM
Check fuses as well and fusible link on starter it may have burnt up
-1
Sunday, February 28th, 2016 AT 4:49 PM
GRAHAMWISE
I did some research, and tried to crank the engine by hand, counter clockwise feels like I'm loosening the bolt, clockwise it won't turn at all. I busted a socket wrench trying. I pulled the plugs and the plug from cylinder 3 is melted. The rest are "ok". Plug 4 smelled highly of gas oil mix, no visible signs of hydraulic lock
-1
Monday, February 29th, 2016 AT 3:53 PM
You may have burned the motor up, if the plug melted it got to lean for some reason like an injector bad or vacuum leak or it detonated and went into pre ignition melting the plug and probably the piston as well.
-1
Monday, February 29th, 2016 AT 4:40 PM
GRAHAMWISE
Verdict is my truck is toast in that case?
Tuesday, March 1st, 2016 AT 7:59 AM
GRAHAMWISE
Sorry for the double, my phone got weird for a second there
Tuesday, March 1st, 2016 AT 8:00 AM
Ya either that or another motor
Tuesday, March 1st, 2016 AT 8:08 AM
ABBAROX
The replies from HMAC300 are not conducive to diagnosing your problem. This so called "Retired Mechanic of 40 years" may be one of those "Buyer Beware" type of mechanics that feed people a lot of speculative information DO NOT listen to him.

One of your plugs melted from that cylinder get too lean, **the piston should still be fine**.
The fuel injectors or (spider) on these engines can become faulty and go lean on some cylinders and rich on others. Also the feed and return lines at the injector can start to leak which will cause the engine to run rich, visual inspection will be required look for pools of gas under the fuel feed lines at the injector assembly.
Remove all spark plugs to hand turn the motor if you want to check if will turn over and not seized up.
Your no crank issues could be:
Ignition Switch
Neutral Safety Switch
Starter Solenoid
Fusible Link (OR) Starter Relay to the starter.

To be completely honest people should never claim to be mechanics of 40 years (retired or not) if they can not give logical diagnostic feedback and not some half baked uneducated opinion of a backyard part swapper.
These are the types of people who will talk you into buying a new engine when it is not necessary.
Thursday, August 31st, 2017 AT 9:59 AM
It is ironic that hmac300retardis so wise. All the things you list could be bad have been gone over in previous answers. By the owners own admission the engine would not turn over meaning that it is probably seized to a bad piston caused by excessive heat. If spark plug was melted then it more than likely cause detonation melting the piston to wall leading to pre ignition melting center of piston. Maybe fault of injector poppet valve? Possibly but in 95 that system was not in use which did not come into use until 96 and had trouble like you are saying until around 2001 and is still in use today. It did have a similar system however. BTW I would never nor never gave anyone any false info to buy anything it didn't need especially a motor. You try giving answers on a computer site unseen see how well you do. This answer/reply in no way reflects opinons of 2CarPros nor it's associates and is only writers opinion that will back up what he says either by looking in spark plug hole with a bore scope or cylinder head removal of said cylinder. Thanks for using 2carpros
Thursday, August 31st, 2017 AT 10:36 AM
ABBAROX
Oh really?

EXPERT
49,823 POSTS

[ BTW I would never nor never gave anyone any false info to buy anything it didn't need especially a motor.]

EXPERT
49,823 POSTS

SPONSORED LINKS

GRAHAMWISE

MEMBER

EXPERT
49,823 POSTS

Ya either that or another motor

My statement is still a valid one.
Just admit your mistake and move on.
Friday, September 1st, 2017 AT 8:34 AM
Guess you know everything
-1
Friday, September 1st, 2017 AT 9:09 AM
ABBAROX
Just pointing out your false, untruthful, and damaging statements, so you go right ahead and have the last word if it is that important to you.
-1
Friday, September 1st, 2017 AT 10:40 AM
Last word I really don't care about that. The engine was seized per owner and not being able to actually see it I went with experience maybe you are the guy that tore it down. Don't know but I don't think you should jump on a person right away with only reading what h as been written via computer. That is pretty irresponsible. Maybe the owner had it checked we rarely ever hear back.
Friday, September 1st, 2017 AT 12:04 PM