93 olds 88 royale V6 3.8L how to check/ replace idle air control valve?

BLUEYEZCA
  • 1993 OLDSMOBILE
Rough irratic idle but no trouble codes. Tps just replaced, air filter new, no hydrocarbons in coolant, pcv valve good. At first woukd run great until car began to warm up in slightest bit, but now it just idles rough & inconsistent when stopped or in park. Unsure how to clean intake/throttle body. I do need to replace two u-shaped rubber hoses that are to the left of the tps and air filter connector hose. Look like vac lines, but possibly part of idle air control? Pkease help
Thursday, August 7th, 2014 AT 8:08 PM

Have you checked for vacuum leaks? Have you checked the IAC to see if it is good?
-2
Thursday, August 7th, 2014 AT 8:25 PM
BLUEYEZCA
I need a good diagram to identify where the idle air control is he located at since the Chiltons manual for my vehicle seems to picture only older models for examples. I access all data from my local library and they identified my car wrongly as a Delta 88 when it is not it's an 88 Royale. There are two u-shaped rubber hoses which I suspect might be part of that system (one of them leads to the charcoal canister thingy)that need to be replaced because the rubber flakes off when you touch them. So if anyone has any good diagrams of the vacuum hoses in the idle air control system it would help me out a lot
-2
Friday, August 8th, 2014 AT 12:34 PM
Everything I have tells me there are no vacuum lines to the IAC. The IAC is located on the throttle body of the vehicle.
Friday, August 8th, 2014 AT 8:47 PM
BLUEYEZCA
Dont supposed you have a diagram? Theres a lot of different sensors all jumbled in that area. The two u shaped rubber hoses im referring to that need replacing, one leads to the vapor recovery cannister thing. Im not sure if its a vacuum line or what, but I know when the cars running, if you touch that hose you feel it pulsating. Maybe its supposed to do that-I have no idea.
-1
Sunday, August 10th, 2014 AT 1:36 PM
Your vehicle may have come with one of two different IAC. I have attached both pics for you to see. Let me know if it helps.

Also, most likely the hoses you described are vacuum hoses. Replace them so there are no vacuum leaks. Do this first before you replace the IAC to make sure it doesn't take care of the problem.
+3
Sunday, August 10th, 2014 AT 7:11 PM