BUMPER REPAIR

2013 Nissan Maxima

kfriend11

July, 16, 2013 AT 6:29 AM

I recently rear ended a new black nissan maxima. It left 2 piercings in the bumper from my front license plate screws. How much am I looking to pay for the repair? Will the whole bumper need to be replaced or will the piercings be fixed?

caradiodoc

July, 16, 2013 AT 8:43 AM

We don't get involved with costs here because there's way too many variables, but in general plastic bumper covers can usually be repaired with special products. The expensive part is repainting it. Thanks to EPA rules and regulations and our really intelligent politicians, (sarcasm), a gallon of paint can cost $400.00 to $500.00. Most body shops mix their own paint so they don't have to sell you the entire gallon, but there are sealers, primers, and additives to make the paint flexible on flexible rubber and plastic parts. They will have to repaint the entire bumper cover. That is actually easier and less expensive than trying to blend in a small area. They will tape off the cover at a joint or seem so the repair can't be detected. Any body shop will give you an estimate for the repair. Most use a crash estimating guide so they will quote you the same labor times and material costs as any other shop. Only the hourly labor charge will vary a little. The lowest cost shop isn't always the best value. If the car owner isn't satisfied with the quality of the work you could be in for more headaches. Stick with a reputable shop and take your lumps. The cost is going to be a lot less than my recent trips to the hospital.

Window Switch Replacement and Test
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon