2013 Hyundai Tuscon rotors

KATEANDY
  • 2013 HYUNDAI TUCSON
  • AWD
The service guy says I need new front break pads and I get that I'm at 3mm left but they are also saying that they suggest I change my rotors as well
I thought I'm to change my rotors if they are warped, grooved or they are thin from previously turning
Their suggestion doesn't sit well with me and I feel that they are taking advantage of me
Monday, January 20th, 2014 AT 7:21 AM

SATURNTECH9
So why did they suggest they replace them? I am not there to measure or inspect them? If they had visual heavy hot spots or were cracking I would replace them also.
Monday, January 20th, 2014 AT 7:36 AM
KATEANDY
I asked them why and they said that we suggest to do them they were not clear as of why, that is why it didn't sit well with me
I had some vibration in the front end this morning I didn't feel it in the steering wheel but I did feel it in my seat and gas peddle
They told me that I had a nail in the tire and that is what probably caused it I asked if they took my car for a spin to make sure that indeed was the reason and the service lady said no they didn't take it for a spin.
I am taking my car to another shop(my dads good friend) and he is going to look at the breaks and rotors.
It just irks me cause I feel like something stinks and its not me
Monday, January 20th, 2014 AT 9:45 AM
SATURNTECH9
Sounds like warped rotors to me keep me posted on what they find.
Monday, January 20th, 2014 AT 1:15 PM
KATEANDY
They retracted when I challanged them on the replacement of the rotors
I asked them if they were warped they said no
I asked if they were cracked they said no
I ask what excatully is the reason they need replacing and they said they were discoloured.
I said they were discoloured two weeks after I bought the car because I noticed them not shinny anymore when I was waxing my vechile and I called them up and they told me over the phone that's normal now I dont know what to think were they lieing before or are they lieing now.
Tuesday, January 21st, 2014 AT 11:36 AM
SATURNTECH9
Sounds like they cant get there story straight you need front brakes correct?If so if you rotores arent cracked have really bad hot spots or are too thin to be refinshed then they Can be refinshed.
Tuesday, January 21st, 2014 AT 12:18 PM