2010 TOYOTA COROLLA HORN TROUBLESHOOTING

• TomBaby
  • 2010 Toyota Corolla
  • manual

I need some hints & tricks and PICTURES on how to remove the steering wheel cover (horn switch). The horn works, I have ran a wire from the horn directly to the +12 terminal of the battery, and it sounded like a horn, there are no fuses blown, (#34 in the engine compartment as listed in the owner's manual is a GOOD 10 amp fuse), and now the problem standing in the way is that I don't know how to remove the steering wheel cover so I can troubleshoot that end of the circuit. I have bent screwdrivers before, mainly for brake adjusters on older cars, so that won't be a problem. Thank you.

Friday, January 31st, 2014 AT 1:36 PM

• saturntech9

Have you tried turning the steering wheel to different positions to see if the horn works?I have see the wire in the air bag coil break taking out the horn.

Friday, January 31st, 2014 AT 2:38 PM
  • saturntech9

Also have you tried swaping the horn rely with another one?Or press the horn button and see if you can feel the rely clicking?

Friday, January 31st, 2014 AT 2:40 PM