Brake problem

PWOODY
  • 2010 NISSAN ALTIMA
Brakes feel as if they are slipping, grabbing, clamping, jerking and feel very soft & spongy. They sometime feel as if they engage after I remove my foot off the brake. I heard no noise with any of these complaints. It is a new 2010 Altima with 2268 miles on it. Had only 8 miles when purchased July 4, 2010. I am very afraid of the car. They replaced master cylinder and brake link. Still have same complaint.
Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 2:01 AM

KHLOW2008
Something must be wrnog with the system and it could be improper adjustment somwwhere or the ABS ( if equipped)

Being under warranty, let the dealer sweat over it.
Tuesday, December 7th, 2010 AT 5:20 PM
PWOODY
They have tried, they replaced the master cylinder, brake link, and then they claim they have an updated part from the nissan engineers. They have called for me to pick up and I want a new one under the lemon law. What do you think. They have had the car since oct. 27, and attempted three replacements.
Tuesday, December 7th, 2010 AT 6:14 PM
PWOODY
They said the master cylinder was on national back order and they did not get it in and repaired until November 30th and picked up Dec. 7 and returned that day because it was still not preforming correctly.
Tuesday, December 7th, 2010 AT 7:34 PM
KHLOW2008
If it is something that can be rectified but not done so because of parts unavailability, then most probably you would have to bear with them for a while more. If it is something that is going to waste your time and making you a guinea pig, the lemon law should be excercised.
Wednesday, December 8th, 2010 AT 6:47 PM
PWOODY
They installed a Booster Ass'y and it worked, I still think I was a guinea pig, but I am glad I am not afraid to brake while driving anymore, not at the present anyway. Thanks for all your help and answers. Happy Holidays.
Thursday, December 9th, 2010 AT 2:53 AM
KHLOW2008
You're welcome.

Glad to know the problem had been fixed.

Happy holidays to you too.
Thursday, December 9th, 2010 AT 12:33 PM