PROBLEM WITH THE HEATER

2010 GMC Acadia

gerlmike

April, 16, 2012 AT 2:49 PM

I have auto climate control. With separate heat setting for driver and passenger. I get heat o the driver side, but only cold air on the passenger side. Could this be aproblem with the heater door blender actuator?

hmac300

April, 16, 2012 AT 6:02 PM

The actuator, needs to be checked for sticking not operating.

gerlmike

April, 16, 2012 AT 7:55 PM

Thanks, because I am taking it in to the dealer tomorrow for what I expect to be a $300.00 Bill. If it does not need to be replaced, maybe it wont cost so much. I will let you know what happens.

hmac300

April, 16, 2012 AT 7:56 PM

It should still be under warranty if you bought the extended warranty

gerlmike

April, 16, 2012 AT 8:54 PM

I don't believe in paying money for an extended warranty. I take pride in maintaining my cars. And I drive very easy on the vehicle. As a matter of fact, the last car I had, I went 97,000 miles on my original front breaks. For what they wanted for an extended warranty, I just put the money in the bank, and it is there when I need it.

gerlmike

April, 17, 2012 AT 2:36 PM

Just came back from the dealer. Actuator was checked for sticking. It had to be replaced. Total cost: parts and labor was 266.00

hmac300

April, 17, 2012 AT 3:55 PM

Well that's good yu got away cheaper than you thought actually I forgot to tell you to complain to gm and they may have split the cost with you. Due to not being that far out of warranty.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe