There are a couple things you can do. First, just inspect them to see if there appears to be any excessive wear to them.
Also, and this will take a helper, you can check to see by running the engine. Open the hood, apply the parking brake, and do the following:
1) Have a helper start the engine
2) Once started, place the vehicle in drive.
3) Keeping one foot on the brake so the car can't move, give a little throttle to the engine so it places the mounts under a load.
4) While this is happening, you watch if the motor raises on one side excessively.
5) Do the same thing in reverse.
It is normal for the engine to move an inch or so, but if it is moving more than that, at least one of the mounts is bad.
Let me know what you find.
Friday, August 16th, 2013 AT 8:20 PM