DOESN'T START FROM FIRST TRY

2009 Peugeot 206

mmerhej

September, 11, 2012 AT 6:10 AM

Hello
a couple of weeks back I got the oil, oil filter, air filter and spark plugs changed on my 2009 peugeot 206 (1.4 manual). A week ago I started getting every now and then at the ignition a beeping noise, today it wouldn't start as if the battery was dead, at the second try it started normally. I'm guessing battery or battery cables although I doubt it's the battery since it started fine at the second try.
any help appreciated thank you

September, 11, 2012 AT 6:28 AM

Check the terminal connections. Disconnect and clean them and retest.

mmerhej

September, 11, 2012 AT 6:33 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. I got the same answer from a friend of mine as he told me to check battery cables and clean them they could be dirty and not letting electricity pass correctly.
Anyway thanks

September, 11, 2012 AT 6:45 AM

You're welcome.

mmerhej

September, 12, 2012 AT 6:05 AM

Just some feedback on the solution. I went to the mechanic, tested the car and found that the problem was in fact the car battery, which wasn't changed since I bought it in 2009, so it reached the end of its lifetime.
Anyway thank you for the answers

September, 12, 2012 AT 8:14 AM

Thank you for the input.

We always start with the basics and sorry I forgot to advise on testing the battery because you mentioned you were able to start after repeated attempts.

Have a nice day.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe