A/C problem

AZAMORA619
  • 2009 FORD F-150
The trucks a/c works fine blows nice cold air but the issue is that for some reason the entire cabin feels warm especially in the back seats. Before I would have the a/c blowing on the lowest setting and it would cool the entire truck cabin. But now even if I have the a/c on max it still wont cool the entire cabin like it did before, (when a/c s set at max and I put my hand on the vents, the air feels really cold). What could be the problem?
Tuesday, August 20th, 2013 AT 8:14 AM

The system sounds low on charge here is a video to help confirm the issue.

https://youtu.be/uZrQCGwXfek

try pulling the hvac fuse with key on for 60 seconds first then reinstall and wait another minute and see if that cures it. sometimes the actuators reset and they control heat/cool and direction of air. if not that then follow this guide.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-air-conditioner-not-working-or-is-weak

Please run down this guide and report back.
Tuesday, August 20th, 2013 AT 8:18 AM
JEFFJ
  • 2007 FORD F-150
Ac not working, no power going to low pressure switch. Fuse seems to be good. Can put power to compressor side of low pressure switch and it functions properly by all switches
Monday, August 5th, 2019 AT 6:29 PM (Merged)

Fuse # 14 supplies power to the cycling switch I would check it for power here is a guide and the air conditioner wiring diagrams so you can see how the system works and the fuse locations as well.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.
+3
DOCFIXIT
Use a meter on fuse see if there is power to and across fuse.

This guide can help as well.

JEFFJ
Thanks cj medevac the wiring diagram did the trick!
The problem was somehow about 7 inches from the low pressure switch, the blue and pink striped wire was broken internally! I traced it down per the schematic. Made nice solder repair and customer is back chill n. Thanks guys maybe this lesson will help someone in the future!
Jeffj
Opelousas, la
+6
Incredible! Wife and I will be standing at the end of our driveway at 6 PM sharp (Eastern), Where Ya'll takin' us for supper? --The Medic
-1
D. VELEZ
  • 2007 FORD F-150
My truck´s ac does not cool enough in traffic like it used to when new.
On the higway it works fine.
I cleaned the condensor and it did not work. I have a pressure gauge that I bought in Pep Boys and it indicates that it has enough freon. Coul it be that the press values are different in this model and that it needs freon?

Can you please help me with this problem.

Thank you very much for your time.
BLACKOP555
Could be a bad blend door. Try pinching off the heater core hoses, does it get cold now?

The freon may have enough pressure but it could be getting old, try havin gthe system purged and new freon put in.
+1
KLOGMAN
  • 2006 FORD F-150
Driving down the road yesterday and the A/C simply stopped working, no noises, no lights on the a/c and defroster part of console, no lights on the seat heaters, nothing. THis morning, started it up and all of the lights on the a/c defroster panel were flashing, still nothing would turn on, flashed the whole time I drove it, when I turned it off, back to nothing. This afternoon on the way home, lights came on in the center of the pansl where it usually ways the temp and shows the fan speed but then after a while that went away and still nothing, not one of the switches will do anything, no defroster, rear window defroster, no ac or heater, no heated seats, nothing. ANy ideas?
DEZ
Did u get ur problem fixed. Cuz tonight mine started flashing and I have no heat or ac. Nothing. Would love to know what is going on.
+1
TXTIMBOB
  • 2004 FORD F-150
I recently took my truck to a local mechanic and had him charge the a/c because it was not getting cold. He drained all of the freon and added new and drove the truck. Occasionally it would get to 65 degrees and then it wouldn't. He said that it was not getting cold when idling.I find that if you turn the fan all the way down it does get cold. If you in fact turn the fan speed up the temperature gets warm. The mechanic was at a loss and told me to take it somewhere else. Any ideas?
MERLIN2021
Couple of things to check, any frost on the evap inlet pipe? Compressor cycling too much? And clean out the fins of your radiator and condenser with compressed air, do a good job on this, When you service the A/C you should replace the accumulator/drier, and the orifice tube.
-1
PAPA ROSCOE
I am having the same exact problem. Did you get it figured out?
MERLIN2021
Did you have any of these symtoms?
PAPA ROSCOE
The system worked great from the factory and just recently began acting up. I have cleaned the condensor and added refrigerant. That didn't seem to help. It is running at 45# on the low and 250# on the high side. More refrigerant? It seem to acting the same as the original thread poster. I'm at a loss.
+1
MERLIN2021
Reading isnt bad if it, s 85-90 where you are. Turn a/c on and have someone raise the idle to 2000 rpm, how many seconds between cycles of the comressor? Count how long it runs between shutoffs.
CALD1979
  • 2003 FORD F-150
The original battery to my truck just died and I had to replace it. Afterwards I noticed my AC not working properly. I turned on the air and I could hear the air blowing but I could not feel the air flowing through the vents. As I was driving and the RPM's went up, the air came through the vents. But as I was driving, the air would come through and then not come through depending on how fast I was going. The faster I drove, the more the air came through the vents. Heard of this before? Any suggestions? Freon maybe?
-1
PAPA ROSCOE
Will do this weekend and post the results. Outside temps have been that high, if not a little higher. Still a little hot here in So Cal.
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Hello
Thanks for the donation.

Does your heater blow out properly? If so, you are either low on freon or your a/c compressor is going out. First, fill freon to proper level. Once this is done, test operation of A/C system. If this does not fix issue, let me know and I will post how to test a/c compressor.

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!
MERLIN2021
Ok dont add anymore r134a.

Sponsored links