2009 Ford Everest Very Hard Starting

TOTO509
  • 2009 FORD EVEREST
  • TURBO
Hi guys,

I have a very big Problem with my Ford. Each times I turn it off, it is very hard to restart it. Someone told me that I have injector problem. Another one told me that I have compression problem. Now I know what to do. I have some DTC too: P0335, P0193 and P0406. Please let me know what you think guy.

Thank You.
Saturday, January 4th, 2014 AT 6:05 PM

There is no code 0335 but one of htem is maybe a damaged fpr sensor meaning fuel rail sensor and the other is egr problem so check for a clogged egr or shorted wire or an eger sensor
+6
Sunday, January 5th, 2014 AT 9:13 AM
TOTO509
The scanner that I used said that P0335 is "crankshaft position sensor A circuit". When it start, there is no loss of power. I already cleaned the egr sensor. I would like to what exactly cause my car to not starting.

Thank you.
+3
Sunday, January 5th, 2014 AT 9:46 AM
If I were a magician I could actually wave a wand and it would start. But i'm not I cant' give an exact cause. We dont' have that car in the u.S. And hence not that code either. But check resistance of crank sensor against a new one aswe don't have that info avialbale to us. Finally try resetting your security system that may be the cause if it take s a long time to start as well as check yor fuel pressure with a gauge it may below causeing this.
Sunday, January 5th, 2014 AT 9:50 AM
TOTO509
Thx for answering so quickly
Sunday, January 5th, 2014 AT 11:09 AM
TOTO509
I noticed that I had an oil leak coming from the turbo and from the egr valve.
What you think it can be? Can it prevent the engine from starting?
Sunday, January 5th, 2014 AT 3:15 PM
If yu have an oil leak at turbo then it cold possibly get into your exhaust which going through the egr would carbon it up and clog it but you said you already checked the passages. It may make it hard to start but I think your problem has to do with something else like electrical or fuel pressure.
Sunday, January 5th, 2014 AT 3:40 PM
ICYBLU
I got the same exact problem with this. Ford everest 2008. The only different is I dont have any DTC (or maybe my aftermarket scanner can't read it).
What I have done are:
- overhaul the engines since there's some loss compression
- change the fuel rail
- clean the egr
Some people advice me to change the injector and the fuel supply pump. But they can't be sure that it will resolve the problem.
So may I know if your car have been fixed? What caused it? And can we make sure if the problem is from the fuel supply pump or the injectors by testing them somehow?
Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 AT 1:16 AM
Repost this question
+3
Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 AT 5:53 AM