SQUEALING SOUND

2009 Dodge Caravan

tman322

May, 4, 2011 AT 12:18 PM

Yesterday my 2009 dodge caravan started making a squealing sound from what sounds like the drivers front wheel but its not all the time the squealing is intermittent took it to the mechanic he checked brake pads said they was fine like new and it didn't make any noise when he drove it he said he thought maybe I had got a small rock or something under the brake pad and thats why it stopped because it ground it out. But today it started again but still intermittent mechanic said wheel bearing would be constant not intermittent any thoughts i'm stumped

Wrenchtech

May, 4, 2011 AT 12:55 PM

The rock theory is possible but not very common. I don't know if he actually removed the from wheels and gave it a thorough inspection or not but it's very possible to have only one pad worn sufficiently for the sensor to make contact and that not be seem if inspected through holes in the wheels.

tman322

May, 4, 2011 AT 7:28 PM

But if it was the pad warning thing wouldn't I hear it everytime I put the brakes on because the squealing is very intermintent could it be the caliper or whatever they are not releaseing fully

Wrenchtech

May, 4, 2011 AT 7:39 PM

No, it wouldn't necessarily be all the time. It could just as easily be just a cheap set of pads or a brake job not done correctly causing the pads to squeal.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Acura TL
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Rear