I came back from work, no issues. Decided to go out car will not start. Could not
remove they key from ignition, shifter stuck in park, The instrument panel
shows some sporadic flashes of headlight indicator. I heard slight almost
buzzing from the speakers. No door chimes, no dome lights. Attached start
booster and wipers turned on, worked very slowly, when I accidentally hit
the lever, still no full power to instrument cluster. Tried brand new spare key
no luck. Googled this mysterious problem and came up with following ideas
but no sure solutions.
(1) Drained battery, however car supposed to be able to start with booster no
(2) Brake light switch (as it controls three different items, including being one of
the causes of traction control and stability track warnings, both an issue in my
car) so it is a possibility
(3) ignition switch dealers first choice at $186.00 or and apparently not a
solution to a majority of people that done it.
(4) ignition switch sleeve or loose wires there.
(5) ignition switch assembly, not sure if that is not what some people call
(6) shifter assembly (does it come with integrated solenoid and whole thing
needs to be replaced? It solved problem that appeared like what I have).
(7) park neutral switch (BTSI switch) or rather its solenoid.
(8) broken or loose wire to the above. I did not really see anything loose or
broken, when took it apart.
(9) micro switch/broken tab checked it looks okay ( apparently it is the cause if
a car starts and everything else seems to be okay, just stuck shift leaver and
I would appreciate any insight.
have the same problem?
Thursday, June 29th, 2017 AT 4:22 AM