HOW TO REPLACE THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR?

2008 Suzuki Forenza

beniban

June, 13, 2012 AT 8:41 PM

I have a 2008 Suzuki forenza, my check engine light is on. The car jerks when I go about 50-70mph and during start up and sometimes stalls. I took my car to autozone and they said that my throttle position sensor is bad. I called the dealer and he said I would have to change out the entire Throttle Body, which parts and labor would be about 750 dollars. Auto zone sells the Sensor for about 65 dollars. So my question is can I go this route or do I have to change out the entire throttle body. If I can change out the sensor, where can I find the sensor on the throttle body and how do I replace it.
Thank you very much for any help.

saturntech9

June, 13, 2012 AT 8:51 PM

Yeah looks like the sensor has two screws holding it on and is replacable seperate. My question is how do you know its bad?Because someone that works at a parts counter with a code reader that wants to sell parts all day says its bad just from a code found?Because unless he looked the tps values over on the scan tool ran thru the trouble tree for the code found out it wasnt a wire terminal tightness ecm etc?He is just guessing.

beniban

June, 13, 2012 AT 10:49 PM

Thank you for the information, I will see a mechanic and see exactly what the problem is.

saturntech9

June, 13, 2012 AT 10:59 PM

Your welcome thats what were here for.

elizabethkreiley

February, 15, 2013 AT 4:04 PM

I have the same issue as do many with check engine light on and the codes that come up are the tps and gas pedal position sensor. Many have had the dealership fix the "problem" and still have issues sometimes worse after fixing it. There is no recalls on this car, I have less than 50,000 miles on mine. Any suggestions on what it could be? I don't want to take it to the dealership because they have already tried ripping me off so many other times. Two years ago my air bag light wouldn't go off in passenger seat and they said I needed a new battery, went with my gut and didn't replace it and guess what. The battery is still going just fine.

saturntech9

February, 16, 2013 AT 5:24 AM

If you get a scan tool that can read live tps and pedal position data and a multi meter we can do some testing.

pau86

October, 28, 2014 AT 10:12 AM

Hi,
I have the same problem with my car, I would like to know how you fix it please. I also went to the dealer and it is insane, just the part cost 260$, and I'm afraid if I buy it won't work.I'll really appreciate any help.