I have a 2008 Eclipse

DMCMILIN6
  • 2008 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE
I have a 2008 eclipse. Vehicle had low brake pedal and sucking noise when brake applied. Replaced master and booster. Bleed brakes several times at wheels. Still has low pedal and vibration noise from bulk head area when brake pedal is released.
Monday, March 26th, 2012 AT 9:36 PM

DRCRANKNWRENCH
Follow this procedure to bleed brakes. However, a bad brake booster should not affect the hydraulic system. Once it is re-connected, it should be fine. You can test it by pumping the brakes when car is OFF. Then with foot on pedal start the car and the pedal should fall under weight of your foot. If it does not the booster is bad.
If the pedal gets harder as you pump it when car is running, you need to bleed the brakes properly.
Follow this procedure for bleeding brakes;

As far as bleeding the brakes go, you have to bleed all 4, especially in your case, and keep the pads completely free of any brake fluid contamination.
To do this, get a large soda bottle and some clear hose that fits the bleed nipple snugly from your local hardware store.
Fit one end over the bleed screw and run the line higher than the bleed screw then into the bottle. Put a little axle grease on the threads and once you get some of the air out, you can just keep flushing fluid without stopping to hold and release and tighten bleed screw. Since you have so many issues, I would suggest flushing it until it comes out clean.
Starting at the right rear caliper, (This is the farthest from the master cylinder and needs to be done first.)Pump and hold but you can also just pump if the level in the master cylinder is dropping. It takes a while to get fluid going from such a far place especially with a new caliper. To create the pressure to get the fluid going, it has to fill a large cavity the the master cylinder is not designed for. The master cylinder only moves a little bit of fluid when you use your brakes. So be patient, it will come.
If the pedal gets hard to pump, there is contamination somewhere and is often in the bleed screw. Remove it and clean it out.
Now move on to the drivers' side rear brake. Then the passenger side front brake. Then lastly the drivers front brake.
This system of working farthest away from the master cylinder to the closest helps remove the most contamination and helps more fluid to move along.
ALSO, never let the master cylinder get below the low mark. That will pump air into the brakes. If you think bleeding the farthest caliper is hard, a master cylinder is a killer to bleed.
Monday, March 26th, 2012 AT 9:43 PM
DMCMILIN6
I did the complete bleeding method exactly the way described twice. Still low pedal. Acts like air is getting pulled into system somewhere. Can bleed at calipers until fluid runs clean into bottle with no air thru several cycles. Completely bleed system at each caliper, when I go back to original caliper it has air immediatly from bleeder. Just a little heads up, I am a 24 year ase master tech scraching my head on this one. Gonna block fluid from calipers one at a time and see if air is being pulled past caliper piston. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 AT 3:37 PM
DRCRANKNWRENCH
That would be my next suggestion as well as checking the master cylinder. Sometimes it will leak fluid and you can pull boot off to check.
You pulled major rank on me, don't scare me like that. Just kidding.
Those are the only things left that I can think of and it seems between us it has to be one of the 2.
Let me know how it goes because information from someone like you is priceless.
Wednesday, March 28th, 2012 AT 7:05 PM