2008 Jeep Wrangler Brake indicator lights

SMACKD1
  • 2008 JEEP WRANGLER
My jeep just had 3 indicator lights come on yesterday. The ABS, ESP and BAS lights all came on. The rear brake pads and rotars have 10K on them while the fronts are original. Any idea what this could be? I'm thinking a sensor or fuse, if that is the case is this something I could replace on my own to avoid the cost?

thanks
Tuesday, May 26th, 2015 AT 7:06 AM

RACEFAN966
After looking up your Jeep I have found that I can find a simple fix. It is saying that there is something it sees wrong the abs and traction control system. Without getting the codes I cant find much information. If you can get the codes and post those then I can look it up and see what your Jeep is trying to tell us.
Tuesday, May 26th, 2015 AT 7:40 AM
SATURNTECH9
It could actually be a lot of different things your starting point would be to have the car scanned for codes but a free code scan at the auto parts store or using a diyer scan tool wont work. Those scan tool can't read abs esp or bas codes. It takes a more advanced scan tooll like a professional one that can read more then just the engine and transmission codes. Like the those other scan tools I mentioned I would need the exact code numbers not code descriptions. Also sometimes it even takes those scan tools as part of the diagnosis process.
Tuesday, May 26th, 2015 AT 7:41 AM
SMACKD1
Ok, thanks. I'll get the codes this afternoon and send them to you afterwards.
Tuesday, May 26th, 2015 AT 8:32 AM
RACEFAN966
Ok sound good once I have those I will look them up and we will go from there.
Wednesday, May 27th, 2015 AT 7:31 AM
SMACKD1
I took it to the shop on base and I got C1015, right front wheel speed sensor. Took a look at the area and the sensor wire frayed on my axel. $15 part and looks pretty easy.
Wednesday, May 27th, 2015 AT 12:11 PM
SATURNTECH9
15 for a new harness thats a cheap fix glad to hear it was a easy find and fix.
Wednesday, May 27th, 2015 AT 8:53 PM
RACEFAN966
That price is a good price and yes not to hard to do, If you need any walk through or anything just let me know and I will help you. Let me know how it turns out ok. Thanks Steve
Thursday, May 28th, 2015 AT 8:28 AM
SMACKD1
So my cruse control won't stay on, could this be a side effect of the sensor going out?
Monday, June 1st, 2015 AT 5:25 PM
RACEFAN966
Yes it can be and most likely is if the vehicle cant see speed then no cruise either
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2015 AT 6:41 AM
SMACKD1
So my Jeep was in Germany for 6 ish years and they like to salt the roads which has rusted some of the underside of the vehicle. In particular the brake caliper that I need to take off to replace the wheel speed sensor. Additionally, I have wheel spacers on it which "required" me to use locktight on the bolts. I am having trouble getting everything off. I've tried PB blaster but no luck. Any suggestions minus taking it to the dealer for them to charge me waaay to much to replace a $15 part?

Stan
Saturday, July 18th, 2015 AT 10:29 AM
RACEFAN966
Sorry it took so long that's great
Friday, October 30th, 2015 AT 7:48 PM