SO THE OTHER NIGHT I HIT A VERY LARGE POTHOLE ...

• Anonymous
  • 2008 Honda Civic

So the other night I hit a very large pothole with my driver side wheel that I didn't see. It was deep enough to scratch a bit of my front lip and a little bit of my undercarriage by the driver side wheel. Ever since my brakes started making a weird ticking noise which I successfully fixed today with white lithium grease. I tried the same on my clutch but no go. This is what it sounds like;
http://www.wikiupload.com/H2QAWXNZ6S0WG42
Any advice on what it could be. I greased damn near all of the clutch pedal assembly and I can confirm the noise is coming from inside the cabin. Should I still be driving it? It shifts perfectly fine and smooth but I don't want to end up causing any more damage. Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, March 5th, 2013 AT 2:55 AM

• KHLow2008

If the noise is from the cabin, it most probably is from pivot points and could be the pin for the pushrod. Remove it to check for abnorkmal wear and lubrication.

Tuesday, March 5th, 2013 AT 4:03 PM