2008 GMC Yukon brake pulsating

SCRAWFORD71
  • 2008 GMC YUKON
I have a 08 Yukon SLE that is pulsating (brake petal) when stopping at slow speeds. It will do it moving forward or when turning. My rotors have been recently turned, my brake pads are good and my ABS light does not come on. Most times, it will not do it if it is a sudden or quick stop. Sometimes, even after I stop breaking but am at a slow roll to stop it will vibrate and has a slight shake. The steering wheel does not shake, vibrate or pull in any direction. I am at a loss and need some guidance on what this could potentially be.
Wednesday, February 18th, 2015 AT 6:37 AM

I f you don't turn the rotors and replace the pads at the same time you end up with the same problem you started out with. A pad change now may not help but should have been done when rotors were turned. The only thing you can do now is to make sure your calipers slide ok in brackets and make sure caliper hardware is good and lets the caliper slide. Theh hardware is the bushings and pins etc.
Wednesday, February 18th, 2015 AT 7:41 AM
SCRAWFORD71
Thanks so much for your quick response Hmac 300. I was hoping the rotors being turned would make a difference. It was not recommended that I replace the pads since I replaced them less than a year ago and they were in really good shape. So, should I resurface the rotors again and replace the pads? Again, no ABS light comes on but I have heard that this Is a big issue with the same symptoms. I was told the calipers were good as well.
Wednesday, February 18th, 2015 AT 8:39 AM
I wouldn't recommend replacing the rotors, if you can put up with it then just wait til the next brake job. One thing I forgot to mention is if the rotors are a minimum thickness it will do the same thing. It's all up to you if you replaced rotors, then pads as well as you wold have to start out fresh just for parts will be$200 at least with out a pro doing the work. As far as the abs it won't bother it one way or another the thing that bothers abs is bumpy roads when an application is applied. But like I said it's up to you if you want to put the money in it again
Wednesday, February 18th, 2015 AT 12:08 PM