Blend door actuator?

THERESE79
  • 2008 FORD TAURUS
The ac and heater temperatures work fine. The air only blows through the dash panels. It will not move to the floor or defrost position. It is a dual zone with electric controls and there is knocking sound and a squeaking sound behind the dash.
Saturday, March 7th, 2015 AT 4:41 PM

HOMER1967
It sounds like you have either a bad blend door actuator( most likely) or a stripped or broken blend door.depending on which door or actuator sometimes you can access them and sometimes you'll have to pull the dash to access the part.try to follow the noise and see if you can see whats making the noise.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-blend-door-motor

Please let us know
Saturday, March 7th, 2015 AT 5:37 PM
THERESE79
I followed the sound as best I could and it is somewhere behind the dash behind the radio and temp control's. Any idea's?
Saturday, March 7th, 2015 AT 6:15 PM
HOMER1967
Well you have to locate the offending door or actuator, you could remove the radio and see what that does for you. You will actually be able to feel it when you touch the correct actuator. If you can not get a visual with some minor dis-assembly the most like ly the dash needs to be removed.
Saturday, March 7th, 2015 AT 6:39 PM
THERESE79
Thanks for the info. I am going to get in there and hope it's a motor I can easily replace and not a broken door.
Saturday, March 7th, 2015 AT 6:57 PM
HOMER1967
Your very welcome, the motor is more than likely held in with three 7 mm screws and may be a little tight to get to.I hope that that's what it is and you can get your car back to normal. Good luck and please let us know how it works out for you. Have a great day.
Sunday, March 8th, 2015 AT 5:05 AM
DEPAWL
This is a little late, but were you able to figure out how to solve this issue? I have a 2008 Ford Taurus and it sounds like I am having the exact same trouble as you. I took it in to the dealership but they are having a hard time figuring out the issue. If you solved the problem somehow I'd love to give them the suggestion!
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017 AT 9:09 AM
KEN

Yes blend door actuator make this noise all the time here is a guide and some diagrams to help you get the problem fixed.

(Diagrams for your car are below)

Some are difficult to get too so some shops don't want to do the work FYI.

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken
Thursday, August 3rd, 2017 AT 2:00 PM