2008 FORD TAURUS: RELACING AIR DOOR BLEND ACTUATOR

• Shockme71
  • 2008 FORD 500

I need help replacing air door blend actuator? Plz help! Thnx!

Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011 AT 11:51 PM

• Shockme71

Lol. Ok. It shows I'm new to this. My bad. The vin# pulls it up as a 500, but badge on car shows taurus. I have tools just no knowledge on changing the part.

+1
Thursday, February 24th, 2011 AT 12:29 AM
  • BMRFIXIT

Removal and Installation

Detach the damper and lower the glove compartment.
Working through the glove compartment opening, detach and disconnect the temperature blend door actuator jumper harness electrical connector.
Detach the in-vehicle temperature sensor aspirator hose pin-type retainer from the instrument panel support.
Detach the instrument panel wire harness pin-type retainer from the heater core and evaporator core housing support.
Remove the 2 RH temperature blend door actuator screws.
Reposition the RH temperature blend door actuator to allow access to the electrical connector and disconnect the RH temperature blend door actuator electrical connector.
Remove the RH temperature blend door actuator.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Removal and Installation

NOTE: The LH temperature blend door actuator can be accessed from below the LH side of the instrument panel.

Remove the 2 LH temperature blend door actuator screws.
Disconnect the LH temperature blend door actuator electrical connector.
Remove the LH temperature blend door actuator.
NOTE: The purpose of the module actuator position calibration is to allow the HVAC module to reinitialize and calibrate the actuator stop points. To carry out calibration, carry out the following steps.

Remove Smart Junction Box (SJB) fuse 15 for at least one minute.
NOTE: When the ignition switch is switched to the ON position, the HVAC module will initialize and calibrate the actuators. Calibration of the actuators will take approximately 30 seconds.

Reinstall SJB fuse 15. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait 30 seconds before verifying correct LH temperature blend door operation.

+7
Thursday, February 24th, 2011 AT 4:13 AM