2008 Dodge Dakota power windows

DUSTYHOLTH
  • 2008 DODGE DAKOTA
2008 dodge Dakota. The passenger side power window will roll down but not up. I have reversed the leads and the motor will run both directions. I replaced the pass side window switch and that did not work. Could the drivers switch be the problem?
Thursday, March 27th, 2014 AT 8:11 AM

When you reversed the leads, did the motor have a load on it?
-1
Thursday, March 27th, 2014 AT 8:34 AM
DUSTYHOLTH
Yes. Had the weight on the window on it.
Thursday, March 27th, 2014 AT 8:44 AM
Sounds like the switch isn't reversing up and down? Check for voltage and ground on the wire connector for the window motor, both directions.

If the master switch had the passenger windows locked out, I don't know why the window would go down?
+1
Thursday, March 27th, 2014 AT 9:17 AM
DUSTYHOLTH
The window would go up when I reversed the leads thou jumper wires. I had to push down on the switch with the wires reversed to make the window go up. A test light comfirmed this with the master switch on the drivers door switch after the window was up and wires unhooked from motor. I don't know much about electrical so don't know where to go. Don't want to spent a 120 bucks on new drivers side switch just to find out that's not it. I spent 25 on pass side and that didn't fix it. Any way to test drivers side switch?
Thursday, March 27th, 2014 AT 9:50 AM
Our info says the master switch controls voltage and ground for the passenger window switches. Without being able to look at it myself, I can't tell what's wrong? I hate to replace a part and then find out, that didn't fix it.
Thursday, March 27th, 2014 AT 12:10 PM
Sorry wrong diagram. Try this one.
Thursday, March 27th, 2014 AT 12:13 PM
DUSTYHOLTH
Thank you. I'll look at it and see if I can figure anything out. Not sure where I where to go if this don't work
Friday, March 28th, 2014 AT 6:30 AM
Yeah, I don't know? I saw what appeared to be a master switch in an online parts book, about 60 dollars. Even that is too much if it doesn't fix it. If it isn't the master switch, I don't know what it is?
Friday, March 28th, 2014 AT 10:43 AM