WHY DOES MY HEATER BLOW COLD AIR?

2008 Dodge Avenger

jtoy

September, 11, 2011 AT 9:43 PM

My 2008 Dodge Avenger blows cold air when the heater is on, does this car have a climate control module or what could be causing this problem?

No Heat

promechanic

September, 11, 2011 AT 9:52 PM

The first thing to check is your coolant level. If it is low then it will cause this problem. Check it and let me know.

jtoy

September, 11, 2011 AT 9:59 PM

I have checked the coolant level and it is fine. The hoses also get hot, but the heater blows cold within 2 - 3 minutes after you turn on the blower. If you turn the blower off for a couple of minutes it will be warm air again for just 2 - 3 mins.

promechanic

September, 11, 2011 AT 10:02 PM

Did you check the coolant level in the radiator and the reservoir? I would check both and add some if it will take any.
If it is good then you are looking at possibly a restriction in the coolant hoses or heater core.
It could also be a problem with the blend doors or actuators.

September, 11, 2011 AT 10:05 PM

Seems the blend air doors are not operating correctly and a scan tool is required to check for trouble codes.

jtoy

September, 16, 2011 AT 10:20 PM

I do not have a check engine light, but I do have a scan tool.

September, 17, 2011 AT 11:12 AM

The scan tool must be able to retrive B and U codes. It would not trigger the MIL as this is a separate system.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Replace Heater Core