ENGINE STARTS MAKING A CLICKING NOISE THAT LAST 5-10 MINUTES

2008 Chevrolet Impala

JustinR22

June, 15, 2012 AT 8:36 PM

I have a 2008 Chevy Impala and before I can even start the car it starts making a clicking noise that last 5-10 minutes and goes off but will go off again before I get to my destination. It will start clicking when the car is off. I'll be in the garage and haven't been in my car or touched it for 4 or 5 hours and It will start clicking. It's not quiet at all it's a loud constant click I've tried and tried to figure out where it's coming from but I cant tell. Any information on this would be helpful.

June, 15, 2012 AT 9:06 PM

Sounds like a relay -you need to identify where its coming from before we can assist you-hard to do over the net-

JustinR22

June, 15, 2012 AT 9:31 PM

It sounds like it's coming from the passenger side like behind the glove box and under the hood.

June, 15, 2012 AT 10:39 PM

It sounds like the engine oil might need to be changed, is low or needs a heavier weight.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Kia Rio
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement