I have a 2007 chevy impala with a little over 100,000 miles. My car has been overheating for a while and Ive just been putting water or antifreeze in it until I can get it repaired. The overheating is due to the radiator being cracked. The other day I drove my car home from school and it started to overheat and slow down, but I thought I could make it home since I don't live that far. The gauge went all the way up and back down a few times. I heard a noise as if there was an empty bottle with a coin in it that was shaking. When I got home I let the car rest for about 2 hours the car rested. I went to start the car and it started and turn. Off like when u run out of gas. I went to turn the key again and all I heard was a clicking sound. A mechanic came by and replaced the started because we thought thats what it was but still no start. Now hes saying that we blew the camshaft from trying to start it. Is he be right? Any advice
have the same problem?
Friday, October 4th, 2013 AT 5:27 PM