Power Window/Lock

COLLIN.BOWLING
  • 2007 VOLVO S40
I recently got a new battery installed in my car. Once the new battery was in, the power lock and window to a rear door no longer work. I tried replacing the fuse which did not solve the problem. Thanks!
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 AT 4:48 PM

FIXITMR
Maybe it's just a freaky coincidence? You could check wiring between door hinge. And ***** probe it for voltage.
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 AT 5:01 PM
COLLIN.BOWLING
It seems pretty cause and effect. Could it have shorted something in the process of installing the new battery?
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 AT 5:07 PM
FIXITMR
For just 1 door? Seems unlikely. Seems we are stuck between the seems? The bleeped word is p r I c k. But when you say rear door you mean side door?
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 AT 5:38 PM
COLLIN.BOWLING
Yes. Right rear side door.
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 AT 5:54 PM
FIXITMR
1 fuse for all doors, right?
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 AT 6:01 PM
COLLIN.BOWLING
Multiple Fuses, one for each of the doors
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 AT 6:02 PM
FIXITMR
Did you check fuse for power?
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 AT 6:11 PM
COLLIN.BOWLING
Negative.
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 AT 6:18 PM
FIXITMR
Does fuse have power?
Thursday, August 18th, 2011 AT 1:45 AM
JIS001
Your rear door module could have fallen asleep on you? Try this first. Disconnect both battery cables and touch the cables together and leave it like that for 5 minutes. Reconnect the cables and see if the module wakes up and starts to operate normally? If it does not, remove the door panel and check for power and connector pin #18 Black wire. If there is no power check fuse #63 (20A)at the CEM under the front passenger side and make sure you have power going through that fuse? If no power is going through the fuse then check fuse #3 (60A) in the engine compartment. From here if everything seems OK you will need to take it in to Volvo to have them scan all the control modules to make sure that one has not gone offline? If it needs replacing software will most likely need to be downloaded to the replacement part? But do this check first and let us know what you find?
Thursday, August 18th, 2011 AT 3:15 AM

Related Door Lock Fuse Content

How to Use a Test Light
VIDEO