WHY WON'T CAR START?

2007 Toyota Camry

Hitster4

October, 27, 2011 AT 10:08 PM

I have a 2007 Camry LE 2.4l automatic transmission, approx 120,000 miles. The car won't start. It also has no signal lights, radio, fan, Brake lights or any lights at the rear of car. The only things that seem to work are head lights hi and low beam and everything on the dash board appears normal and the chiming when the key is in the ignition and the door is open.

Back ground events the serpentine belt broke as my wife was leaving for work about a block from home she turned around and made it back home so I got a new belt an while installing it found the water pump bearings were shot so I put on a new water pump with the belt and went to start the car and nothing happens except the dash board lights up and the little chime starts chiming and I am able to turn the headlights on. During the water pump installation I removed the negative battery cable along with the upper motor mount and the alternator to make room for the new water pump and belt everything went back together smoothly.
I think I still had the key in the on position in the ignition when I pulled the battery cable off because I saw a small spark between the cable end and the battery post.

rivermikerat

October, 28, 2011 AT 4:16 AM

Did you put the ground back on? Have you recharged the battery?

Hitster4

October, 28, 2011 AT 4:50 AM

Everything has been reconnected correctly as the only wires that were disconnected during the whole repair were the battery cables and the 2 wires on the alternator. I installed a new fully charged battery after it didn't start.

rivermikerat

October, 28, 2011 AT 5:10 AM

Check the fusible link. Check the master MAxi-Fuses in the underhood fuse box. Make sure you're getting spark to the plugs. Make sure it's getting fuel.

Hitster4

October, 28, 2011 AT 2:20 PM

It's not getting any spark or fuel because it don't do anything when the key is turned except light up the dash board. It doesn't have fusible links at all. I need to know what part would cause all electrical and accessories except the dome light head lights and dash board to not work and prevent the car from even turning over. I will re look at the 2 big fuses with the bluetops that my fuse box diagram shows as Unit a and Unit B they have numbers 8262033030 and 8262007050 but I am unsure how they come out of the fuse box. Do they pop straight out I think I see a small tab lock on one of them.

Hitster4

October, 28, 2011 AT 2:31 PM

I guess the parts 8262033030 and 8262007050 are called BLOCK ASSY, FUSIBLE LINK I stated above it didn't have fusible links but was incorrect.

rivermikerat

October, 28, 2011 AT 9:49 PM

They should pull straight out after releasing the locking tab.
Make sure the starter is getting power. Make sure the ignition switch is receiving power. Make sure the ignition switch is passing power to the accessories and to the starter relay/solenoid. The headlights and dome light get their power directly from the main fuse panel. The starter usually gets main power directly from the battery. Just about everything else gets power through the ignition switch.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test