2007 Suzuki Forenza engine and transmission issue

CASEY1675
  • 2007 SUZUKI FORENZA
Ok so im doing a engine swap on my car I bought a engine that was manual transmission
Swap out the flywheel and able to put the engine back in and bolted up but everytime I turn the the crank
To make sure everything works it makes to 3/4 of a turn then it just stops I cant figure out why
Thursday, December 12th, 2013 AT 8:37 AM

Did you use your flywheel? Are you sure the bolts are fully seated on the torque converter (I am assuming your vehicle has an automatic transmission)
Thursday, December 12th, 2013 AT 8:45 AM
CASEY1675
Yes Im sure the the tq converter bolts are seated I use the same flywheel on my old engine and yes its a automatic
Thursday, December 12th, 2013 AT 8:59 AM
When you installed the torque converter into the front pump, did it properly seat?
Thursday, December 12th, 2013 AT 10:59 AM
CASEY1675
Just did and same thing
Thursday, December 12th, 2013 AT 12:55 PM
Does the engine always stop at the same point? There has to be something causing it to stop. If everything is together properly on the transmission, was the engine running before the repairs?
Thursday, December 12th, 2013 AT 7:30 PM
CASEY1675
Ok I got it works but now I have a new issue the engine runs great but none of the gears work I made sure all the leakage s are on but it wont shift out of nuetral or park the gear shifter moves but it doent engage
Friday, December 13th, 2013 AT 7:12 AM
Is the trans fluid full? Are the cooling lines attached? I assume the converter is turning, and you're sure the converter was properly installed into the front pump?
Friday, December 13th, 2013 AT 7:49 AM
CASEY1675
Ok I cant find the transmission dip stick of this car for this car to check the fluid and yes the converter does Turn and all the cooling lines are hook up
Friday, December 13th, 2013 AT 8:01 AM
There is no trans dip stick. Checking the level is not really DIY friendly. It requires jacking the car up (while still being level). A lift is usually used. With the engine running and transmission temperature in the normal range, shift through all gear before checking. Next, remove the upper transmission plug (behind the trans IIRC) with a special 8mm square tool that can be purchased if you don't have one that will work. If oil comes out, it was a overfilled. If no oil comes out, you're supposed to add until it comes out. Be careful because it is really easy to burn yourself on the exhaust.
Friday, December 13th, 2013 AT 8:42 AM