BLUE SMOKE PROBLEM TWO WEEKS AGO MY CAR DID ...

2007 Mazda 626

Anonymous

December, 19, 2012 AT 5:29 PM

Blue smoke problem, two weeks ago my car did overheat and the top gasket was bad, and I took to my mechanic for repair, after replacing the gasket, the car has been bringing out blue smoke from morning till in the evening. So pls is there anything to be done to stop the smoke, or can I visit another mechanic to re-check the gasket?

Blue Smoke

Blue Smoke

hmac300

December, 19, 2012 AT 5:32 PM

It depends on which gasket he replaced. This could be valve seals, a head gasket, loose intake gasket, clogged return holes for oil. If you dont' feel real confident in your mechanic that did the work then go to another, if someone can give you areccomendation try thatone

Wrenchtech

December, 19, 2012 AT 5:41 PM

If you overheated an engine with that many miles and then increased the compression by fixing the top end, it's not uncommon for the bottom end to fail now. I never would have repaired that engine.

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla