IS THERE A PERMANENT FIX FOR THE SUSPENSION PROBLEMS IN THE ?

2007 Mazda 5

davidddole

December, 6, 2011 AT 1:32 PM

I have a 2007 Mazda5 with about 30,000 miles. There's a knocking sound like something is loose in the suspension. The sound is especially noticeable going over a bump at low speed. The knocking sound first appeared in the front suspension, and I replaced a front stabilizer bar. The knocking sound has now appeared in front and back, and even seems to have come back in the place where it was first repaired. I have since learned that this is a common problem in the Mazda5. My question is if there is a reliable, permanent fix for this problem, or do I have to keep replacing the same parts?

Sway Bar

1 ANSWER

Sway Bar

1 ANSWER

hmac300

December, 6, 2011 AT 2:54 PM

Have your suspension parts checked by a pro to see what is exactly worng first. If these parts area problem then'i'd suggest going to a Mazda forum boarda s i'm sure someone there has found a fix for it. The only problem woudl be if the fix fixes what's wrong you may not care for the way the car rides/handles after that.

Eric in Potrero

February, 21, 2012 AT 12:28 PM

I have a 2007 Mazda 5 with 80+k miles. My car was stolen and joy ridden, so I had the same problem, a knock by your feet from the front. You need to replace your Macpherson struts and rear shocks. Get a good brand if you want to keep the car. Mac struts are integral to the alignment, so you need to have that done, too. If you are really going to keep the car, get a lifetime alignment deal. It costs more, but you can go back as often as you want. I also had to get a rear wheel camber kit, too. Did all the work myself. Mac struts, about 2 to3 hours each, rear shocks about 1 hour each, and the camber kit about 2 hours each.

Leocoe09

August, 12, 2012 AT 6:29 PM

I had this and had every part of my suspension changed and it cost me a bomb! I had a service at Mazda and they notices straight away my shock absorbers were leaking!
This cost me 100 for parts and labour and the noise has gone!

Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars
Replace Tie Rod End
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado