2 WEEKS I WAS DRIVING HOME AND MY ABS BREAK ...

2007 Mazda 3

chelsealittle

2 weeks I was driving home and my ABS break light went on. As I turned off the freeway the power steering went out. I parked in a gas station to turn it off and on and it just died. Got it jumped and made it about 2 miles before it completely died again.

spoke to multiple mechanics and was told it was the alternator. My brother replaced the alternator but damaged the pigtail that plugs into the alternator in the process. He put silicone on it to keep it connected.

i drove from long beach to la last night and woke up this morning to go to work and the battery light was on again.

battery is a month old and it was 100% charged as of yesterday.
alternator is rebuilt and was just bought 2 weeks ago.

i did get in an accident in october where I rear-ended another car but the only damage was to the body of my car.

what do you think the problem is? And if it is the pigtail, where do I find a new one?

pleeeeeease help : )

Why Is My Battery Light On?

1 IMAGE

Gen Light

caradiodoc

New generators can fail. That's why they come with a warranty. If the plug is preventing the connector terminals from from staying connected, that will also cause a no-charge condition. Auto parts stores have large books with nothing but replacement connectors for all parts on all cars. You can also find them in salvage yards. Just look for a car like yours and snip the plug off.

Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML