There are lots of possibilities.
What's the mileage?
What's the history. Any overheating or other traumatic things?
How quickly did this happen?
January, 7, 2011 AT 10:19 PM
I drove 43 miles to work. There were no issues. It never overheated. I have owned the car for 1.5 years. There were 24,000 on the motor when I purchased it. I shut the car off went into work, 1.5 hours later started the car to go to another location that is when the check engine light came on. It idled very low about 4-500 rpms and was making some cylindar noise.
January, 7, 2011 AT 10:21 PM
That sounds like it may have broke a valve spring or something like that but it needs to be investigated further.
January, 7, 2011 AT 10:24 PM
Thanks for the help I thought it may be something easy like a stuck exhaust port. Thanks again