This is the Customer Learn method for programming your new key blank.
1. Obtain a blank Sentry KEY(s) that are to be programmed as valid keys for the vehicle. Cut the blank key(s) to match the ignition switch lock cylinder mechanical key codes.
2. Insert one of the two valid Sentry Keys into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
3. After the ignition switch has been in the ON position for longer than 3 seconds, but no more than 15 seconds, cycle the ignition switch back to the OFF position. Replace the first valid Sentry Key and turn the ignition switch lock cylinder with the second valid Sentry Key and turn the ignition switch back to the ON position. The second valid Sentry Key must be inserted in the lock cylinder within 15 seconds of removing the first valid key.
4. About 10 seconds after the completion of this step, the security indicator in the instrument cluster will start to flash and a single audible chime will sound to indicate that the system has entered the Customer Learn programming mode.
5. Within 60 seconds of entering the Customer Learn programming mode, turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, replace the valid Sentry Key transponder, and turn the ignition switch back to the ON position.
6. About 10 seconds after the completion of step 5, a single audible chime will sound and the security indicator will stop flashing, stay ON solid for 3 seconds, then turn OFF to indicate that the blank Sentry Key has been successfully programmed. The SKIS will immediately exit the Customer Learn programming mode. After the ignition is cycled the vehicle may be started using the newly programmed valid Sentry Key.
If you do not complete the entire process within the time period you will have to start over.
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014 AT 4:44 AM